Last night, I was in the Nairobi airport lounge, talking to my friends and giving advice and counsel up until the time I departed. In the two weeks I was there, the following is a summary of what I did:
- I trained more than 600 leaders in four days of training from 9 to 4.
- Visited with all my ministry partners (6) to encourage them.
- Preached two services at Harvest Fellowship in Kangemi area of Nairobi.
- Consulted for a group of lawyers representing those who are marginalized in Kenyan society.
- Brought over books and supplies for those who requested them.
- Met many new friends, trying to lay the groundwork for my next visit - hopefully in December.
- Helped raise more than $8,000, which I distributed to our partners here - every penny that was donated was given without any personal expenses being deducted, for which I am trusting the Lord.
As I sit in the lounge in Paris awaiting my flight to Pittsburgh, I think of the words of Nehemiah, "Remember me for this, my God, and do not blot out what I have so faithfully done for the house of my God and its services" (13:14), and "Remember me with favor, my God" (13:31b). As I return, there is still a matter of my own travel expenses from the trip, which I gladly de-emphasized to raise the money our partners needed. If you feel inclined to help me with those expenses, you can give online or by sending a check to PurposeQuest, PO Box 8882, Pittsburgh, PA 15221-0882. Thank you and I am ready to go home!