In one month, I will be heading to Kenya with a team of 16 others. We will visit Upako Centre in their new venue while we are there, and I enjoy reading the updates we receive from Pastor Francis showing that the location is working out and giving the children more opportunities to learn and grow. Here is Pastor Francis' update from last week with pictures (If you are a recent subscriber to this blog, you can read more about what I do in Kenya on my site under the category Kenya or Sophia Fund):
We are all well and we thank God for all the good that the children are enjoying and this is because of your continued support. Mary is well and happy at her new school and she asked me to tell you a big thank you. Here are some things that are happening with us here:
- Teacher Lillian started a swimming class for the children yesterday at a nearby retreat centre .She says that the children needs more exposure so that they will fit in properly when they grow up.
- The Dr. Stanko Academy is doing a lot of things with the children alongside their normal classes.
- There is a major drought here so the bricks project has stopped because of water but we shall continue once the drought is over.
- Belver and Lillian are continuing with counseling and distribution of sanitary towels to girls in school.
- The orphans are more healthy and progressing well.
- The new environment is promising and the Academy will start developing talents as the children grow.
- We have very good volunteers who handle the children in different stages every day.
God bless you all as we work for God through caring for the orphan and vulnerable children.
I need to collect a "war chest" of money to give to your partners when I go over on March 2. That means I need your help if we are to continue the progress that they are making, made possible by their faith and labor. I am asking that you invest in their work by contributing generously to their cause. You can give through my website using PayPal or by sending a check to PurposeQuest, PO Box 8882, Pittsburgh, PA 15221-0882. Thank you for sharing in what Pastor Francis calls "caring for the orphan and vulnerable children."